[ Test Menu ]
The MINICAP, with a small instrument footprint, is designed to optimize and completely automate electrophoresis
testing in low- to medium-testing volume laboratories. The MINICAP instrument represents the latest evolution
in Sebia’s innovative line of capillary electrophoresis technology, which also includes the
Both the MINICAP and the CAPILLARYS 2 instruments provide complete walk-away automation, requiring significantly less technologist involvement. Simply place a bar-coded primary sample tube on the system and walk away.
Positive sample identification is achieved with full traceability and decreased potential for errors
The vision for the MINICAP instrument: compact, robust, fully-automated platform which is simple to operate and affordable
even for the small-to medium-sized laboratory.
The MINICAP utilizes liquid flow electrophoresis with buffer serving as the medium,
as opposed to agarose gel. Two capillaries are utilized for testing in order to obtain a
throughput of up to 20 serum protein samples per hour. With a continuous-access sample wheel,
STAT protein electrophoresis results can be obtained in less than 10 minutes.
Direct protein detection is achieved by a measurement at 200 nm, eliminating the need for staining
while improving accuracy and linearity
Sebia's capillary electrophoresis instrument provides complete walk-away automation from bar-coded primary sample tube to final result - positive sample ID.
Moderate complexity of the capillary electrophoresis instrument means simpler operation and reduced labor requirements
The MINICAP reagent compartment accommodates multiple assay buffers in anticipation of future menu expansion-
Other features of the MINICAP include:
- Superior database system allowing storage of up to 100,000 capillary electrophoresis result curves and data.
- Automatic delimiting of capillary electrophoresis curves and identification of
fractions which minimizes operator editing.
- Ability to import quantitative protein results allowing for one comprehensive chartable report.
- Capability to import comments — unlimited comment entry
- Comprehensive QC program including Levey-Jennings charts.
- Capability for within lab networking through a modem connection.